Yuvraj Singh did two short roles in Punjabi Movies some unknown facts on him:
Early Life: Indian Cricketer Yuvraj Singh born on 12th December 1981 to Yograj Singh and Shabnam Singh. Yuvraj represented the Indian team in all the 3 formats of the game. An All-Rounder who bats Left-Handed in the middle order and can also bowl Slow Left-Arm Orthodox. Yuvraj Singh’s favorite sports were Tennis and Roller Skating in his childhood and he was good at both. He had won National U-14 Roller Skating Championship, It was his father Yograj Singh who threw away his Medal and told him to concentrate on cricket. Yuvraj did two short roles as a child artist in Mehndi Shagna Di and Putt Sardara. So,Yuvraj Singh did two short roles in Punjabi Movies some unknown facts on him
Yuvraj Singh’s Career:
Youth Career: At the age of 13 years and 11 months Yuvraj started his career for Punjab in Under 16 against Jammu and Kashmir in 1995-96 season. Later, in 1996-97 Yuvraj promoted to Punjab Under 19 team where he scored an unbeaten 137 runs against Himachal Pradesh u-19 team.
Yuvraj made his First-Class debut in 1997-98 Ranji Trophy against Orissa, unfortunately, he bagged a Duck while opening the innings. His First breakout performance came in the under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy Final in 1999 against Bihar. Yuvraj single-handedly scored 358 runs while Bihar team bundled out on 357 runs.
In 2000, Under-19 Cricket World Cup which India won Under the captaincy of Mohammad Kaif. Yuvraj Singh earned the Player Of The Tournament award for his all-around performance.
International Career: Yuvraj Singh got selected in the Indian team for the 2000 ICC Knock Out Trophy. He won his first Man Of the Match Award in the Second Game he played against Australia, he scored 84 runs off 80 deliveries. Yuvraj has scored 8701 runs in ODIs with an average of 36.54 including 14 centuries and 52 half-centuries and also bagged 111 ODI wickets. He played 40 Test and scored 1900 runs with an average of 33.92. In shorter form of cricket, he has scored 1177 run. He hit 6 Sixes in an Over of Stuart Broad during the 2007 T20 World Cup in South Africa. He played the supporting role in the finals of Natwest Series 2002 which India win by 2 wickets at Lord’s.
Unknown Facts About Yuvraj Singh:
- Yuvraj’s Father Yograj Singh a former Indian Pace Bowler and a Movie Actor.
- Yuvraj did short roles in two Movies as a child artist.
- Only Indian Player After Sachin Tendulkar to be signed by English county Yorkshire, an honor few overseas players are bestowed upon.
- He had won National U-14 Roller Skating Championship.
- He was born on 12th and his birth month December is also the 12th month as per the calendar so he considers 12 to be his Lucky Number. So he wears Jersey No 12.
- Only Indian Player to win 3 consecutive Man Of The Series Award.
- Won all the 3 world cup as a player( U-19, 2007 T20 and 2011 World Cup).
- Yuvraj has also done a Bollywood Animated Movie ‘Jumbo’. He did a voice-over in the movie.
- Started an initiative “YouWeCan” with which he helps cancer patients in their treatment.
- Yuvraj Singh holds the record of scoring Fastest 50 in T20.