India Vs West Indies 2018: 5th ODI Highlights:
The 5th and the final ODI between India and windies played at Greenfield International Ground in Thiruvananthapuram. Hence this Ground made his ODI debut with the India vs Windies 5th ODI match. Before hosting an ODI match this ground hosted one T20 International played between India and Newzealand way back in 2017. Here are some moments from India Vs West Indies 2018 5th ODI Highlights:
Indian won their 8th consecutive series over the Windies with a huge margin in the final game of the 5 match ODI series at the Thiruvananthapuram. Earlier in the day Windies won the toss and opted to bat however they could manage to score only 104 runs on the scoreboard. Rajindra Jadeja the star player of the game bagged 4 wickets on 34 runs. In reply, Indian team loss early wicket of Shikhar Dhawan but Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli guided team India to the victory. India wins the game with spare of 211 balls.
Records Made in the 5th ODI Match Between India and Windies:
Records Achieved By India:
- For the 1st time, Shikhar Dhawan fails to score a fifty in a 5 match series. Last time in 2014 ODI series against Newzealand Dhawan failed to score a fifty in 4 matches after that he was dropped out from the team.
- Indian Left Arm Bowlers bagged 7 wickets among themselves. This was the 2nd instances when Indian Left Arm bowlers shared seven or more wickets among themselves in ODI after the 2011 World Cup.
- This ODI ended in 46.4 overs which is the shortage 50 overs game in India. The previously ODI match in 2010 between India and Newzealand lasted 48.1 overs.
- Virat Kohli scored 453 total runs in 5 match ODI series and becomes the 3rd player after Hamilton Masakadza and Fakhar Zaman to score above 450 runs in 5 ODI match series. Earlier this year Fakhar Zaman scored 515 runs in 5 match ODI series against Zimbabwe while Hamilton Masakadza scored 467 runs against Kenya in 2009 at home.
- India won the game by spare of 211 balls this is the 2nd biggest win in terms of the ball for India. Previously India defeated Kenya by 231 balls at Bloemfontein.
Records Achieved By Rohit Sharma:
- Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli become the 13th pair in ODI history to score 4000 runs together. Thus they broke the record of Rahl Dravid and Sourav Ganguly who added 4000 ODI runs together in 80 innings.
- Rohit Sharma smashed 16 sixes in this series against Windies. This is the 3rd joint most by any Indian in ODI series. Earlier Rohit hit 23 sixes against Australia in 2013 in a Seven match ODI series while Dhoni hit 17 sixes in the seven matches ODI series against Sri Lanka way back 2005. Sourav Ganguly also smashed 16 sixes in the Triangular Series at South Africa in 2001/02.
- Rohit has 202 ODI sixes and becomes 7th player to hit 200 and above sixes. Rohit is second Indian after MS Dhoni to score more than 200 sixes in ODI.
Records Achieved By West Indies:
- Windies bundled on 104 runs which is their lowest score in ODI total against India. This is also the 3rd lowest total for any team against India in India.