India Vs West Indies 2018, 2nd T20 Highlights:
India wins the game against Windies by 71 runs and sealed the series 2-0. Earlier in the evening Windies captain, Carlos Braithwaite won the toss and opted to field first. Indian skipper Rohit Sharma scored an unbeaten 111 runs off 61 balls to power India to post 195/2 on the scoreboard. Windies filled-up with all power hitters in the playing XI but failed to cope up Indian Bowlers and only managed 124/9 in the 20 overs. None of windies player even scored 25 runs. Let us point out some records created from India Vs West Indies 2018 2nd T20 Highlights.
Records Achieved in the 2nd T20 Between India and Windies:
Records Achieved By Rohit Sharma:
- Rohit Sharma became the first player in t20 international to score a century after playing a maiden over.
- Rohit becomes the first player to score 4 T20 centuries. Earlier this year Colin Munro hit his 3rd T20 ton to become the first such one.
- After scoring a ton Rohit also took 3 catches in the match. Thus, He became the first-ever player in T20 history to score a century and take more than one catch in the same game. Earlier this year, Glenn Maxwell become the first player to score a century and pick multiple wickets and also took 1 catch in the same match against England in Hobart before scoring unbeaten 103.
- Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan have scored 3 hundred or more runs partnership in the T20 format for the 1st wicket. They are the 3rd player to achieve this feat after Martin Guptill – Colin Munro, and David Warner – Shane Watson.
- Rohit Sharma now has been part of 9 hundred or more runs partnership in T20 Cricket, the most by any player. Rohit went pass Martin Guptill who have been part of 8 100 or more runs stands in T20 format.
- He featured in 57 matches win in T20 format only Shoaib Malik(75) is ahead of him.
Records Achieved By Indian Team:
- With this win over Windies, India won the 7th consecutive T20 series or Tournament. Second longest series winning streak for any team after Pakistan. Pakistan has an ongoing streak of 11 t20 series wins.
- Shikhar Dhawan becomes 6th Indian Player to score 1000 t20 runs. India is the 3rd team after Pakistan and Srilanka to have six or more player to achieve such feats.
- Dhawan – Rohit pair has added 1268 runs in T20 Cricket which is most by any pair. They surpassed the aggregate total of 1154 scored by David Warner and Shane Watson in this format of the game.