India Vs West Indies 2018, 1st T20 Highlights:
After the completion of Test and ODI series, India vs West Indies T20 Series begun at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. In a rare low scoring game at Eden Gardens, India managed to restrict the Windies on 109/8 in 20 overs. Kuldeep Yadav’s splendid bowling effort helped India to restrict Windies on such a low score. Kuldeep Krunal and Khaleel together bowled 12 over and conceded just 44 runs and picked 5 Windies Wickets. However, India was struggling at 45/4 one time. Dinesh Kartik and Krunal Pandya helped India to win the match and take a lead of 1-0 in the 3 match T20 Series. Here are some moments from India Vs West Indies 2018 1st T20 Highlights.
Records Achieved in the 1st T20 Match between India and Windies:
Records Achieved By India:
- This was the 1st instance when India played a T20 Match Without MS Dhoni in the playing XI at Home. He featured in all the 31 matches that India played at Home. This was 1st T20 game for Umesh Yadav at Home. Umesh has Played 118 T20 matches before playing a t20 game in India.
- Krunal Pandya Becomes 3rd player to score 20 or more runs with a strike rate of 200+ and concede 16 or fewer rs in four over wit the ball in the same game. Abdul Razzak against Newzealand at Christchurch in 2010 and Shahid Afridi against England at Dubai in 2015 achieved this feat before Krunal Pandya.
- 3 Bowler before Krunal Pandya and Khaleel Ahmed have conceded fewer runs in debut T20 game. Bhubaneswar Kumar registered the best figure of 3/9 on debut game against Pakistan at Bangalore in 2012. Barinder Sran picked a 4 wicket haul and conceded 10 runs on debut against Zimbabwe in 2016. Zaheer Khan also gave 15 runs in India’s Maiden T20 game in 2006.
- Rohit Sharma has won 9 out of his First 10 games as a captain in T20 cricket. Micheal Clarke, Ashgar Afgan, Shoaib Malik, and Sarfaraz Ahmed won 8 games of their first 10 T20 as a captain while David Warner has won 8 out of his 9 games as a captain in T20 for Australia.
- Kuldeep equals the record of Amit Mishra in picking 100 T20 wickets in 75 matches. Kuldeep bowled in 74 innings and picked 100 t20 scalps while Amit Mishra bowled in all 75 innings and bagged 100 t20 wickets.
Records Achieved By Windies:
- This was Kieron Pollard’s first T20 game in India before this Pollard has featured in 147 T20 Matches in India.
- This was the 1st instance when 3 debutant players conceded runs under the economy of 4 or less in 4 overs of a T20 game. Debutant Khary Perry, Krunal Pandya, and Khaleel Ahmed conceded only 16 or fewer runs in the match.
- Kieron Pollard scored 14 runs in 26 balls. This was the 3rd lowest strike rate in a T20 inning of 25 or more balls for the West Indies. Dwayne Smith scored 11 of 29 balls with a strike rate of 37.93 against India in the World T20 series in 2014. Pollard Himself scored 14 runs off 27 balls with a strike rate of 51.85 against Pakistan last year. Pollard’s strike rate in this games is also the lowest by any player facing a minimum of 25 balls in which a player hit a Six.