Australia Vs India 2018-19 1st Test Day 4- Highlights:
Earlier in the day, India begins their innings from the overnight score of 151/3. India added 83 runs before losing their 1st wicket on day 4 in form of Cheteswar Pujara who departed after scoring 72 runs. Indian team bundled out on 307 runs in the second innings and took a lead of 322 runs. Nathan Lyon among the leading wickets taker in 2nd innings for Australia with 6 for 122. In reply to India’s 322, Australia scored 104/4. Australian kept on losing wickets at regular interval. Shaun Marsh and Travis Head still there on the crease for Australia, R.Ashwin and Md. Shami shared 2-2 wickets each in the 2nd innings. Let us check Australia Vs India 2018-19 1st Test Day 4 Highlights.
Stats And Records Made On the Day 4 Of 1st Test Of Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2018-19 At Adelaide Oval:
- Cheteswar Pujara became the 4th Indian player to face more than 200 balls in both the innings of an away test match. Vijay Hazare at Sydney in 1948 against Australia, MAK Pataudi at Leeds in 1967 against England and Rahul Dravid at Napier in 2009 against New Zealand are among the other 3 Indian Players to play 200 or more deliveries in both innings of an away Test Match.
- Pujara is the First player in the last 24 years to face 200 or more deliveries in both the innings of a test match in Australia. Peter Kirsten was the last player to play 200 or more deliveries in both the innings of a test match at Adelaide in Australia.
- Nathan Lyon bagged 25 wickets at Adelaide Oval against India in 3 test match. Only Muttiah Muralitharan and James Anderson have picked more test wickets against India at a venue. Muralitharan picked 29 wickets at SSC, Colombo and James Anderson have picked 28 wickets at Lord’s.
- Ishant Sharma dismissed Aaron Finch for a Golden Duck before replays ruled it out a No- Ball.
- Nathan Lyon has dismissed 5 Indian players for the most time in the test match. Virat Kohli(6 times), Pujara(8 times), Rahane(7 times), Ishant(6), and Rohit Sharma(5).