Australia Vs India 2018-19 1st Test Day 3- Highlights:
Earlier In the day, Indian Bowlers restricted Aussies on 235 and took a lead of 15 runs in the First Innings. Australia manages to add 44 runs from the overnight score of 191/7. Mohammad Shami picked 2 wickets early in the day. India extended the lead to 166 in the 2nd innings before the stumps of day 3. Indian top order scored some runs such as Kl Rahul manages to score 44 runs, Virat scored 34 runs, Vijay disappointed everyone as he failed to score big runs. Pujara is among the runs for India as he scores unbeaten 40 runs. Rain affected the days game. Let us check some stats & records from Australia Vs India 2018-19 1st Test Day 3 Highlights.
Stats And Records Made In The 1st Test Day 3 At Adelaide:
- Rishabh Pant equals the record of MS Dhoni by taking 6 catches in an innings.
- Virat Kohli is quickest Indian to score 1000 test runs in Australia. Virat completes 1000 runs in just 18 innings compare to VVS Laxman(19) and Joint 5th Fastest among Visiting Players.
- Nathan Lyon dismissed Virat Kohli on 6 occasions in Test Cricket which is most by any bowlers. James Anderson and Stuart Broad dismissed Virat on 5 occasions.
- Murali Vijay averages 9.16 in Test Cricket since a century at home against Afganistan earlier this year. Vijay’s aggregated score is 55 in the last 6 innings.
- Virat’s last 7 innings average in Australia is 11.86.
- KL Rahul and Murali Vijay added 63 runs for the opening wicket which is highest since 123 runs stand scored between Virendra Sehwag and Aakash Chopra way back in 2003-03 at Sydney Cricket Ground. KL Rahul and Murali Vijay is also 1st Indian Opening Pair to bat for 20+ overs in a test match in Australia since 2003-04 tour.
- For the First time since 2008 India took a 1st innings lead against Australia in Australia. In Perth Test way back in 2007-08 tour India took a 1st innings lead over Aussies also won the game. Since then, Australia took the 1st innings lead in 9 consecutive games they played at home.