Australia Vs India 2018-19: 1st Test Day 2- Highlights:
Indian team manages to survive only one ball in the early morning before bundled out on the overnight score of 250. Josh Hazlewood dismissed Md.Shami on the first delivery of the day. Indian bowler forced Australian batsman to commit mistakes by keeping the ball in tight line and length till the stumps of day 2. As a result, Aussie manages to score 191/7 in 88 overs. Travis Head is unbeaten on 61 and is narrowing the deficit to 59 runs with 3 remaining 3 wickets. Let us check Australia Vs India 2018-19 1st Test Day 2 Highlights.
Stats and Records Made On The Day 2 Of 1st Test Match At Adelaide Oval:
- Shaun Marsh Became the 1st Australian Player in the last 130 years to score 6 consecutive single-digit scores in last 6 innings of a test match batting in the top 5. Shaun’s last 6 innings scores are such as – 2, 4, 3, 0, 7, 7. In 1888 George Bonnor scored 9 consecutive single-digit score and Alec Bannerman played 7 such innings.
- Usman Khwaja played the slowest innings(In term of strike rate) for Australia in last 30 years. Usman scored 28 runs in 125 balls with a strike-rate of 22.4. Merv Hughes played with a strike rate of 14.81 in his knock of 16 runs off 116 balls way back in 1987 against England in Sydney cricket ground.
- 2018-19 became the 6th season for Aussies where they lost a wicket without adding a single run on the board playing at home. In 1928-29, 1950-/51, 1968-69, 2005-06 and 2009-10 home seasons in Test cricket Aussies achieved such feat.
- Aaron Finch becomes the 2nd Aussie Opener to bag Duck in the first innings of a home test match in last 10 years after Shane Watson. Watson bagged a Duck in 2009-10 home series against West Indies.
- Ishant Sharma completes 50 test wickets against Australia. Ishant Becomes 3rd Indian Pace bowler to achieve such milestone after Kapil Dev and Zaheer Khan.
- Earlier in the day, India lasted 1 ball resuming at 250/9. This is the 1st instances for team India and overall 7th for any team where they resumed the day at 9 down and were bundled out on the first ball.