Australia Vs India 2018-19: 1st Test, Day 1- Highlights:
The 14th Edition of Border-Gavaskar Trophy starts at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide. India is leading the Border-Gavaskar Trophy by 7-5 while 1 ended in a draw. Earlier in the Morning, Indian Skipper Virat Kohli won the toss and elected to bat first on the fast and furious surface of Adelaide Oval. Virat’s decision of electing to bat first came into the highlight as India lost their 4 frontline batsman early on the score of 41. Rohit Sharma and Cheteswar Pujara added 45 runs for the 5th wicket before Rohit got out to Lyon on 37. Here are some moments from Australia Vs India 2018-19 1st Test Day 1 Highlights.
Rishabh Pant and Cheteswar Pujara added 41 runs for the 6th wicket. Only 50 runs partnership held between Pujara and R.Ashwin. Both Ashwin and Pujara added 62 runs for the 7th wicket before Ashwin got out to Pat Cummins on the score of 25. However, Chesteswar Pujara holds the nerve and played a Magnificent inning of 123 runs. Pujara’s knock helped India to post 250/9 at the stumps of day 1 play.
Stats and Records Made On the Day 1 Of the 1st Test Of Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2018-19:
Records Made By Cheteswar Pujara:
- 1st Indian Batsman to score Century on the First Day of Test Series at Australia. Overall, Pujara is the 7th Indian to score Century in the Opening Day of a Test Match outside Asia.
- He becomes 6th Indian Player to score at least a Ton in Australia, England, and South Africa.
- Pujara took 108 innings to complete his 5000 test runs. He is the joint 5th fastest among Indian players to reach the milestone. Meanwhile, Pujara completed his 14000 runs First-Class Cricket.
- His Knock of 123 runs on the 1st day of a test match in Australia is the 3rd highest score by a visiting batsman. Sir Gary Sobers scored 132 runs in the Gabba Test way back in the 1960s while 126 runs were scored by England’s Maurice Leyland in 1936 at Brisbane Test.
Other Records Made On The Opening Day Of Adelaide Test:
- Rohit Sharma got dismissed to Nathan Lyon for the 3rd time in Test Cricket at Adelaide. Overall, Nathan Lyon has picked the wicket of Rohit Sharma for the 4th time in Test cricket, which is most by any bowler.
- Virat got out on Single Digit (3) for the first time at Adelaide. Before this game, Virat has scored 116, 22, 115,141 in the 4 innings of Test Match, 90* in a T20 game and 18,15, 107 recorded scores in ODI’s.
- Last time India batted first in the opening game of a test series in Australia was way back in 1991-92. This was also the 1st instance after 2001, that India batted first in the 1st test match of a test series against Australia.
- Nathan Lyon becomes the 1st player to concede 200 sixes in Test Cricket.
- 8 sixes Rohit Sharma has hit in Test Cricket in Australia. Joint most sixes hit by any Indian player in Australia. Rohit equals Virendra Sehwag’s record of hitting most sixes by an Indian Player in Test Matches at Australia.