Australia Vs South Africa 2018, 3rd ODI Highlights:
South Africa tour of Australia 2018 for 3 matches ODI series ended as South Africa clinched the series by 2-1. The 3rd and the final game of the series scheduled at Hobart. The final games of the series were 600th ODI games for South Africa. Earlier in the day, Australia won the toss and opted to field. South Africa had a decent start as their top order fail to deliver which caused them 55/3. After that Faf Du Plessis and David Miller, the duo added 252 runs for the 4th wicket. Meanwhile both the batsman completed their Century. South Africa scored 320/5. In reply, Australians scored 278/9 in 50 overs. Shaun Marsh scored a century but fail to win the game for the team. Let us discuss some moments from Australia Vs South Africa 2018 3rd ODI Highlights.
Records Achieved in the 3rd Match between Australia and South Africa:
Records Achieved By Australia:
- Australia manages to win only 2 ODI games in 2018 out of 13 matches. Thus, the winning ratio is 0.181 which is their worst win/loss ratio in ODI format in a calendar year. Australia’s previous worst performance came in 1972 and 1977 when they managed to win 1 game and lost 2 games and win/loss ratio was 0.5.
- Shaun Marsh scored 3rd centuries in last 6 ODI innings he played, all of his centuries came in losing side. Thus he becomes the 5th player to score 3 centuries in a year in losing cause.
- Austalia loss their 5th consecutive bilateral series in ODI cricket, this their longest losing streak.
- Australian Batsman scored 6 centuries this year thus all came in losing cause. This is the most no of ODI centuries for Aussies in losing cause.
Records Achieved By South Africa:
- Faf Du Plessis and David Miller added 252 runs for the 4th wicket, which is the 3rd highest partnership in for the 4th wicket in ODI format. This is also the 3rd highest partnership of South Africa for any wicket in ODI format. This is the highest partnership for in ODI Cricket against Australia for any pair.
- South Africa registered their highest total against Australia in Australia by scoring 320/5. Previously South Africa’s highest total was 288/6 at Perth in 2009.
- In this game, 353 runs were added for the 4th wicket( 252 by Africans and 101 by Aussies) most numbers of runs for the 4th wicket. Previously 335 runs were added for the 4th wicket during India vs Zimbabwe match in 2004 at Adelaide.
- 506 runs were added in this game after the loss of 3rd wicket by both the teams. This is 3rd most runs in ODI format.