Australia Vs South Africa 2018: 2nd ODI Highlights:
South Africa tour of Australia 2018 for 3 matches ODI series and one-off T20 match. First, of 3 matches ODI match held in Perth South Africa won the game by 6 wickets and took a lead in the series by 1-0. The second match scheduled at Adelaide in the do and die match Australia won by 7 runs and level the series 1-1. Earlier in the day South Africa won the toss and elected to field. Australia bundled out on 231 in 48.3overs. Alex Carey top scorer for Australia 47. Kagiso Rabada picked a 4 wicket haul in the game. Let us check some records achieved in the match: Australia Vs South Africa 2018 2nd ODI Highlights.
In reply to Australia’s 231 runs South Africa could manage to score 224 runs in 50 overs as a result Proteas lost the game by 7 runs. Despite scoring 51 runs in 71 balls Miller fails to win the game for Proteas. Marcus Stoinis picked 3 wickets for 16 runs. Aaron Finch declared as Man Of The Match.
Records Achieved In the 2nd Match Between Australia and South Africa:
- Spinner failed to pick a single wicket in this game. Last time when spinners fail to pick a single wicket in an ODI Match was played between India and Srilanka in Champions Trophy 2017 at The Ovals.
- This was the 2nd instance in last Ten years when Australia won an ODI game without any player scoring a fifty or picking a 4 wickets haul.
- Australia has won consecutive 5 ODI matches at Adelaide since the loss against Srilanka in 2013.
- Australia’s 6 ODI matches losing streak came to an end against South Africa.
- Australi’s 7 ODI matches losing streaks came to an end with this win.
- This was 1st instances since 1983 when Australian Batsman fails to score a single fifty in the first two games of a series at home soil in ODI games.
- 7 runs win in this game in their narrowest win in ODI since the one-run victory over Pakistan in UAE.